3127 Glenmanor Place,
Los Angeles, CA 90039
About 3127 Glenmanor Place
Immaculately cared for and restored 1929 Spanish oasis located in prime Atwater Village. The approach to the main house is lushly landscaped with beautiful draught-tolerant succulents and trees that lead to a vintage sitting porch with formal entry. The mahogany front door opens to a large living room with stepped cove ceiling and Brazilian Cherry wood floors. The living room features a gorgeous southeast facing picture window with it’s focal point on the vibrant red flower bloom on the Coral tree and the many hummingbirds that it attracts. The slate stacked stone faced fireplace has a custom-made solid Walnut mantle as well as recessed directional lighting and an AV aficionado’s dream surround sound system.
The kitchen features solid Maple custom cabinets with stainless steel hardware, Caesarstone counters with accent tile backsplash and a vintage breakfast nook with a service and sitting counter. Freestanding Viking range, Bosch dishwasher, Electrolux side-by-side refrigerator, and a Sharp built-in microwave. Stainless double sink with a point of use water filtration system, tile floors and a stackable washer/dryer closet.
The main bedroom has a dual-paned insulated sliding patio door that leads to the rear patio and yard. The secondary bedroom has a built-in pet door. Both have Red Oak Interior Doors with Fogged Laminated Glass and the closets are fitted with Mahogany shelves and solid aluminum clothes bars.
Just like the rest of the home, the bathroom retains the vintage feel but has been thoroughly updated with period subway and floor tile and a freestanding shower with custom-made fluted shower door. The Toto pedestal sink and sunken tub are fitted with Newport Brass fixtures.
The rear yard is a complete oasis with gorgeous tropical landscaping accented with banana palms & plumeria, stone patios, a sail shade canopy over the driveway, fully stocked Koi pond, synthetic maintenance free lawn, fire pit and a private hot tub and an outdoor shower.
The deluxe two-car garage was fully rebuilt in 2007/2008 and upgraded with epoxy floor, recessed halogen and fluorescent lights, exhaust ventilation system, and a built-in mechanic’s SpeedRail work bench. It also has a safe closet with extra wide heavy duty steel door for extra security.
Attached to rear of the garage is a guest room with an electrically operable skylight equipped with an auto-closing rain sensor and an electronic shade system. There’s a second fireplace and patio doors that lead to the garden. There is also a three/quarter bathroom that doubles use with the garage and the guest quarters. It features a stainless wash sink, granite countertop, Italian Travertine tile floors and a large steam shower.
Never pay for storage again as you have a small garden tool closet at the rear of the guest unit for your everyday access and at the back of the yard is a fully permitted seven by twenty-five foot storage room complete with built-in shelving, power, skylights, roof venting, double-door access and security system.
Photo Credit: Joe Atlas Photography © 2021
Additional upgrades and
- Slow dimmer wall switches
- Top down/bottom up window shade systems
- ALL Windows (Double Pane filled w/ Argon Gas & Hidden Bottom Up Screens)
- ADT alarm system
- Full electrical system 200amp upgrade with special electrical surge protector for breaker box
- Dedicated garage 100amp sub panel
- Outdoor copper lighting system
- Custom Mahogany mail collection dropbox with a one-of-a-kind rock handle hand-picked in Antarctica
- New HiVac System installed in 2012
- Whole House PEX Plumbing supply lines
- ABS waste lines
- Front and rear yard sprinkler/drip systems
- New driveway and apron widened & reprofiled by LA City
- 3 French Drains Installed in backyard for maximum rain management
- UV Window Film for Garage
- UV/Light Mirror Film for House
- Two tankless hot water heaters for house and guest unit/garage
- “RING” flood light and doorbell system
- Tropicool silicone roof coating for house & garage
- Custom fabricated steel and wood driveway gate with keypad security pedestrian door.
Optional/negotiable inclusions purchased and installed in 2020:
- New Samsung 4K OLED TV in Garage
- New Samsung 4K OLED TV in House with Custom Made Bracket
- New Definitive Technology Floor Speakers in House
- New Samsung Center Speakers for House & Garage
- New Samsung WiFi Subwoofer for Garage
- New Yamaha WiFi Receiver for Garage Sound System with indoor and waterproof outdoor JBL speakers, (paired to iPhone / AppleTV)
- New Long Range HiSpeed WiFi Routers
- Weber Gas Barbecue with side burner and rotisserie